A big brand is a brand that customers trust and believe in. When consumers don’t trust a brand they do not buy or consume it. One of the biggest reasons for people buying a brand repeatedly is the credibility the brand has among the consumers.
In brand building, credibility is vital to the success of any brand.
There are many brands which claim to provide various benefits. However, a consumer does not believe these claims easily. He needs credibility. Here are 6 basic steps for building brand credibility:
- Make sure that you have a good product and a good service which gives benefits to the consumer
- Ensure that the product or service experience during usage by the consumer is positive
- Ensure regular and consistent customer satisfaction and not just a one-off good experience
- Make sure that your brand meets and delivers the promise it makes to the customers
- Provide evidence in the form of facts or statistics to make the consumer believe in the benefits offered
- Generating good word-of-mouth publicity wherein satisfied customers speak well of you informally or formally through testimonials
More about it here.